Must book this by Saturday, January 23, 2010!!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Destination weddings are the fastest growing trend in weddings! There are so many good reasons to choose a destination wedding. Here are just 7 reasons to consider a destination wedding:
- There are an endless number of spectacular destinations for you to consider for your romantic, perfect destination wedding!
- They offer a more intimate and personal experience for you, the groom and all your guests. Every detail can be hand crafted and customized to ensure the experience is exactly what you want.
- The Experience…That is exactly what a destination wedding is…an experience. One in which your guests get to participate in creating the memories that will stay with you for a life time. They are very much a part of customizing the details!
- Destination weddings give people an excuse to splurge and take a vacation. In today’s economic climate most people look forward to having a reason to get away and relax. I f having your guests participate and attend your wedding is really important to you then consider their needs when choosing a location. Your dream may be the Maldives in the Indian Ocean, but do consider if the guests you would like to have at your wedding will be able to attend the destination you choose. Keep in mind the costs, the travel expense as well as accommodations.. If children are involved is the location kid friendly or is it all adult? If your destination is international all your guests will need passports. Always give your guests at least 8 months notice to plan for your wedding.
- Destination weddings usually cost less and allow more to be spent on you and the guests experience at the wedding.
- One of the biggest reasons to consider a destination wedding is the ease of limiting the number of guests attending and cutting your costs. Typically, people don’t expect to get invited to destination weddings. So, that 3rd cousin on your dad’s side of the family that is loud and always embarrasses himself at the family reunion…you can get away with not inviting him by saying you are having a very small group of close family and best friends in an exotic locale.
- Many resorts such as Sandals offer wedding packages to make planning a destination wedding easier. Some basic wedding packages are even free! Resorts often have on site wedding planners to assist you with your destination wedding.